Zirconium Supported Porcelain 1090 | 26.01.2016
The importance of aesthetics in dentistry is increasing day by day. Through developing new technologies, aesthetic treatments has come to the fore. Nowadays, instead of metal ceramic used for years, zirconium based porcelains are used. Zirconium porcelain provides more aesthetic appearance , because light can pass through it. Also zirconium porcelain has a very good compliance with the gum. Certainly they do not cause an allergic disease or gum problems unlike metal supported porcelain.
Zirconium based porcelain are so natural and aesthetic so can be used on the front teeth, and are also resistant enough to be used in posterior teeth. Thus, zirconium-based ceramic are preferred safely in the front and back teeth.
Why zirconium porcelain should be preferred?
- With light transmission properties of zirconia-based ceramic can be achieved full compliance with the natural teeth. This makes it possible to obtain an excellent aesthetic result.
- The unnatural view does not occur which is seen with metal supported porcelains.
- Gum compliance is much better than conventional metal porcelains. Gum discoloration commonly seen in metal supported porcelain is not seen .
- They are not allergic because of being. The overall health of the body is more advantageous compared to metal-supported dentures.
- Heat insulating property is very good for the teeth, they transmit less heat from the metal supported porcelain. Thus, at the teeth made of zirconium based porcelain , hot / cold sensitivity does not occur.
- They are produced with a highly sensitive study so they show exact adaptation to the tooth surface.
- They are healthy materials that does not cause bad taste in the mouth, gum problems and bad breath.
- Safely used in both front and back teeth.